Saturday, December 5, 2009

Thanksgiving Day

We have so much to be thankful for! Here are a few pictures from our turkey day. I was so disappointed to not get pictures of the turkeys! They were gorgeous, but Ryan was excited to get them carved! We hosted a houseful of Ryan's family and had a wonderful time! I have some pictures of the whole bunch, but for some reason I can't seem to get them posted all together...boo. Anyway, our first holiday as host went off without a hitch...if you don't count the roasting pan problem. I thought I had it all figured out. I needed 2, 2o pound turkeys to feed this bunch. I would cook them together in the early morning hours. I borrowed 2 HUGE roasting pans and had them side by side all week long on my stove...and they fit perfectly. However, as I excitedly dressed and tied up my turkeys, I slid them in the oven side-by-side and shut the door...or NOT. Are you kidding me?? They were too deep...DUH! So...this happy hosted spent the night on the couch waking up every hour or so to butter up my birds and cook them one at a time! I have a couple of new dessert recipes we tried and LOVED! The first one came from Betsy...pumpkin cheesecake truffles and can be found here. I omitted the orange zest and doubled the batch. Tasty! The 2nd recipe I found on Cuisine Nie for pumpkin spice whoopies. It can be found here. I dusted these with powdered sugar to make them pretty and served them on a cake stand...so yummy and easy! Enjoy!
Happy Holidays to everyone!

Cooper referred to this one as the Binky Pie. Pie was cooling and Sadie Re LAUNCHED a binky...marvelous. This one was quickly spread with Cool Whip.

Daddy and Sadie reading before the guests arrived.

Mommy and her helper.

Here are some of the little guys (Sadie, Cooper, Case and Clayton) enjoying their lunch in the laundry room. Whatever works, right?
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. WHOO-HOO!!! YAY for Thanksgiving dinner AND pumpkin cheesecake balls!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete