Friday, May 29, 2009

Simple Pleasures

Is one of my simple pleasures. While reading the June issue last night I got the giggles about this little song quiz and thought I would share. Like all of you, when I get into my car alone I turn into a fabulous singer...take your pick...Whitney, Taylor Swift, Mazzy Star, an Indigo Girl, my list goes on and on. However, I will be the first to admit that I may not always get all of the words right...and my husband is the first one to correct me when I get them wrong. Try your luck on this one and see if you really know the words to these songs. Then, download all of these songs on your iPod...they are good ones!

MISHEARD LYRIC
  1. "It doesn't make a difference if we're naked or not."
  2. "There's a bathroom on the right."
  3. "I'll never leave your pizza burnin'."
  4. " Just another man named Monday."
  5. "Village cheese is not my lover."
  6. "Another one rides the bus."
  7. "Get your motor runnin'/Dead cat on the highway."
  8. "It tastes very nice, food of the parking lot."
  9. "I took my love and I milked a cow."
  10. "Comma, comma, comma, comma, comma, comedian."
  11. "Mama, don't take my totem pole away."
  12. "The girl with colitis goes by."
  13. "Science healed the liver...I'm yours."
  14. "Like detergent/Drunk for the very first time."
  15. "Wake me up to pour your cocoa."
  16. "But it's better than drinking cologne."
  17. "What's love cockatoo, cockatoo?"
  18. "I want a piece of bacon."

SONG TITLE

  • a. "Manic Monday," the Bangles
  • b. "Lucy in the Sky With Diamond," the Beatles
  • c. "I Wanna Be Sedated," the Ramones
  • d. "Born to Be Wild," Steppenwolf
  • e. "Like a Virgin," Madonna
  • f. "Bad Moon Rising," Creedence Clearwater Revival
  • g. "What's Love Got to Do With It," Tina Turner
  • h. "Landslide," Fleetwood Mac
  • i. "Another One Bites the Dust," Queen
  • j. "Kodachrome," Paul Simon
  • k. "Billie Jean," Michael Jackson
  • l. "Beast of Burden," the Rolling Stones
  • m. "Signed, Sealed, Delivered I'm Yours," Stevie Wonder
  • n. "Livin' on a Prayer," Bon Jovi
  • o. "Wake Me Up Before you Go-Go," Wham
  • p. "Big Yellow Taxi," Joni Mitchell
  • q. "Piano Man," Billy Joel
  • r. "Karma Chameleon," Culture Club

No comments:

Post a Comment